We all have one thing on our minds this time of year: is it finally time to fling open your wardrobe and wear something other than a jumper and tights? The answer is a firm yes. If your wardrobe desperately requires an injection of summer then the team here at ImagebyTania are here to give you the lowdown on the latest trends to rock this spring/summer.
Now is most definitely the perfect time to buy. Shops are full to the brim with vibrant, exciting pieces and it’s just been payday, therefore it would be rude not to shop, right? But before you race to the shops remember ladies, not every trend that we describe will suit every woman, so it’s vitally important not to lose yourself, OR what looks great on you within the buzz surrounding a seasonal trend.
- Nothing says summer more than a floral print, and this year we’re once more getting all flowered up. This time around the prints are much bolder; with nostalgic wallpaper florals and daisy print motifs popular choices among the fashion forward.
- A Suede skirt. Now we must admit, we were a bit dubious when we heard that suede was making a comeback this summer. But after seeing fashion goddess Alexa Chung rocking a tan, suede skirt it got us curious. It’s important to understand though that these types of skirts will not work for everyone, but for pear shaped women should work a treat at flattering your figure. There are also so many colours and lengths out there so be brave and search for the perfect piece.
- Fun and fabulous fringing. If we were to name one leading trend for this summer fringing would be it. What’s so amazing about this trend is that if you’re feeling adventurous you can go all-out and purchase long fringed skirts and loose kimonos which are unavoidable across stores. However, if you’re simply looking to inject a little of the festival vibe then it can come in the form of chic fringed tan heels, the ever-fashionable fringed bag or even some fringed jewellery to accessorise a plainer look. It’s up to you how much of a statement you want to make.
- Military Greens. I’m personally thrilled that this is THE colour of the season. This rich military green tone is great as it compliments most skin tones and hair colours, increasing its wear-ability. This injection of military has been highlighted by the likes of Gucci and Marc Jocobs, and it’s not difficult to see why. However this time around it’s all about subtlety, definitely DO NOT wear a top-to-toe khaki ensemble, instead go for an effortlessly chic khaki parka over a plainer dress, or team a pair of great-fitting military green trousers with a simple blouse.
- Shirt dress. Don’t dismiss this trend before you’ve tried it. Often when the word dress is mentioned, thoughts immediately drift to the racks of figure hugging dresses which are your usual attire from office to drinks. However this summer it’s time to press the refresh button on your style and instead purchase the more classic shirt dress style. A much cooler, crisper, modern piece, it can be worn casually over a bikini at the beach this summer, teamed with wedges for the evening, or worn over a pair of trousers.
Here we’ve done our best to give you a real insight into what you should be looking out for when hitting the shops in the next couple of months. However, if you still feel a little hesitant about what to purchase to make you look and more importantly feel fabulous this summer then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of specialist image consultants today!